The historic stone church of St John's was built in 1859. It is one of the oldest buildings in New Zealand still in regular use.
It was built by a pioneer Auckland farmer and early missionary, Gideon Smales, and is available for Christian weddings, funerals, baptisms or small meetings. It is administered by a Trust and is located within the Auckland Council's Hampton Park, the remnant of the original Smales farm.
Services are held every 1st and 3rd Sunday at 9am.